Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UWx Landstill

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: UWx Landstill Reply with quote

Hello!

This is a list of Daniel Rzeszowski, who won Trader-Liga Legacy 09/08 with this landstill deck. I would like to share your ideas about the deck itself, and improvement if you can add any. I have playtested it and had no troubles with it. Now I'd like to be competed with this list, but I'm kinda new to Ladnstill. Can anyone comment on strategies/matchups who have been playing this kind of decks?

Thanks for commenting.

creature [1]
1 Eternal Dragon

instant [21]
4 Brainstorm
3 Counterspell
3 Cunning Wish
2 Enlightened Tutor
1 Fact or Fiction
4 Force of Will
4 Swords to Plowshares

sorcery [1]
1 Decree of Justice

enchantment [6]
2 Humility
4 Standstill

artifact [7]
2 Crucible of Worlds
1 Engineered Explosives
2 Oblivion Stone
2 Sensei's Divining Top

land [22]
1 Academy Ruins
4 Flooded Strand
2 Island
4 Mishra's Factory
1 Plains
2 Polluted Delta
1 Scrubland
1 Tolaria West
3 Tundra
1 Underground Sea
2 Wasteland

planeswalker [2]
2 Jace Beleren

Sideboard:
2 Disenchant
3 Extirpate
2 Hydroblast
1 Misdirection
1 Pulse of the Fields
1 Stifle
2 Pithing Needle
3 Tormod's Crypt
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking:

As a general principle the landstill decks with fewer colors have the least problems with hate on their mana bases, while the ones with the most colors have the least problems with the vast field of answers neccesary to answer in this enviornment.

The source generally defines landstill into two archtypes based on choice of mass removal
wrath of god, or pernicious deed"

In either case the model I see you use doesn't use either and I honestly don't think o stone makes up for that loss. "i'd rather play deed and go four color then play o stone" In any case most landstill decks are playing 3 colors right now for extirpate mainly as well as the added bonus for EE and engineered plague. If you'd like more information please visit the source and you will find more of what your looking for.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have problems with O Stone. WoG is sometimes unnecessary (against artifact based decks) but O stone makes it. Slower ofc, but still nice. Deed doesn't give me the opportunity to defend my owns. Fe: O stone is ready to kill everything, but as a Humility is in play with a counter on it, it remains in play whereas it should be destroyed due to the deed.

Still needs heavy playtesting.
thedstylez

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well most legacy decks are tempo based and well O stone doesnt keep up with that tempo, especially withhow you described you want to protect humility. I think throwing in another color won't hurt at all.
gypsy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure its supposed to be oblivion ring.
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In either case its the wrong call. I am an avid Landstill player, I've played it roughly a year and I can straight tell you o stone is absolutely too slow. I'd rather play akroma's vengence.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll turn out through testing.

Another problem is that I have only 2 win conditions:

1, Mishra's Factory. Easily dies to Wasteland, etc...

2, 1 Decree of Justice. If it is in my hand and a discard effect hits me, then I can nearly conceed.

Imo, the deck definitely needs some more win conditions.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if I have Humility on the board vs 8 goblins, it's still 8dmg/turn. That's why I need some removal against them.

Thanks for the link, I like that deck much more. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1