Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zombie Panda Please help for States

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
metzel_usa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fail to see how you resolve ajani
kfcman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metzel_usa wrote:
i fail to see how you resolve ajani

because you're thinking of ajani vengeant. ajani goldmane has no R in its cost.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at your curve, it is a bit screwed up.

1-drops: none
2: 4
3: 12
4: 4

The lords aren't very efficient when they don't pump anything.

I would take out Viscera Dragger. It is good in limited, but things that costs 4 mana in aggro should really be powerful. Dragger is a vanilla 3/3 (twice). Instead add Dregscape Zombie. It is a more relevant creature.

12 3-drops are excessive, but Stillmoon Cavalier is easily your best win condition, so I guess Lord of the Undead is the least important card.

Swap Condemn and Oblivion Ring. The difference between taking away a blocker and an attacker (giving him life as well) is huge in a deck like this.
Mke410

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more festering Goblin. Hes a solid 1 drop. And as Vedrfolner said swap the oblivion rings out out the board for the condemns. Also why arent you running unmake? Also spawning pool seems bad to me. As does Ajani, if you need the life gain play finks Its strictly better. Also what could be interesting is making a slot or two in board for mirrorweave. As you could alpha strike in and make all your guys lords or barons. Just my thoughts.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makingmoves wrote:
The reason I have Viscera dragger is to cycle him, and recurr him with the lord of the undead to draw more cards. The lord also brings back nameless inversion for prolonged board control.

A. You have only small, low cc creatures that are only good at dealing damage.

B. You have no card drawing.

A. means you are aggro, and not control, B. means you are not aggro-control either. So your deck is pure aggro.

Your Viscera strategy is very very slow, and that is very very bad when you want to win before control stabilizes (which they will, eventually). If this deck is going to be competitive, which I assume you want it to be since you are asking for help for Regionals, then you need to have enough disruption in there so that Control does not stabilize for a good while and enough creature control to stop the faster Kithkin and RDW decks.

Right now your deck is unlikely to do either.

To be honest, I don't think there are enough good Zombies for this deck to be competitive. However, PANDA can be competitive. Maybe you could make a non-zombie Panda deck and see if you like that better.
nonroker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said before, theres very few good, aggressive Zombies at the moment. If that changes, the fact that you're deck has access to two lords and that one of them can return zombies from the grave, might be able to make it standard playable.

Wait for the next set. If there's two or three under-costed aggro Zombies in Alara as One, then you'll be in business.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1