Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grave Games

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Grave Games Reply with quote

Here is the Grave Games list that I have.

// Lands
4 [LRW] Secluded Glen
4 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
4 [SHM] Sunken Ruins
6 [SHM] Swamp (1)
6 [SHM] Island (1)
2 [LRW] Vivid Marsh

// Creatures
4 [LRW] Mulldrifter
4 [LRW] Shriekmaw
4 [SHM] River Kelpie
2 [SHM] Puppeteer Clique

// Spells
4 [LRW] Nameless Inversion
4 [LRW] Cryptic Command
4 [LRW] Makeshift Mannequin
3 [EVE] Raven's Crime
3 [EVE] Oona's Grace
2 [10E] Crucible of Worlds

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [LRW] Thoughtseize
SB: 3 [ALA] Infest
SB: 3 [LRW] Sower of Temptation
SB: 3 [SHM] Murderous Redcap
SB: 2 [10E] Icy Manipulator

How can this list be better vs faster decks like RDW? Would you play Loxodon Warhammer vs decks like RDW? I seem to have a good match vs Kithkins, Elves, and Faeries. Q'N'T seems to be a 50% match up for this build. Crucible of Worlds is in to break the symmetry of Raven's Crime and for decks with main deck Fulminator Mage tricks. Icy Manipulator is for thing the deck can't get rid of like Oversoul of Dusk. I need some way to stabilize vs Red Deck Wins. I would like to keep the deck strictly Blue and black.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crucible seems terrible. I know you might want to play your lands after you discard them, but its not worth it. I would go down to 3 shriekmaw and 0 crucible, and run maybe agony warp or something.
killjoy84

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been playing grave games for awhile, and rdw is definitely the decks weakness. sb options of the past include dragons claw. it doesnt do much, but it can buy you a turn or 2. also

-4 nameless inversion
+4 agony warp
SteveGoode

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt take the advice to remove crucible from the deck seeing that in my testing it has always been good. Its never actually been bad. I agree with agony of warp and i would cut 1 oona's grace 1 river kelpie and 1 makeshift mannequin for 3 broken ambition. and i would try syphon life in the board its always been good in the red deck match ups for me.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is crucible good, its a 3 mana card that lets you play lands you discarded. It doesn't help your board position at all.
tcook589

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also feel like Trip Noose would probably be better than Icy Manipulator if creatures are your only problem.
SniperMayer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infest put in side? Big change of the original GraveGames.dec...
ZW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please explain how this deck is good versus kithkins or faeries. They both seem to be horrible matchups. It seems like both t2 bitterblossom and t3 spectral procession put your deck in terrible situations.
magicbmx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if i was playing this now i would run white. i tried it some in block with white and it wasnt bad the some i played with it. Also if not white then u need infest md to help out for the kitkin and faeries matchups. also redcap isnt horrid either he dies draw with kelpie if he is out not bad
sgt_pepper
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, damnation isn't in t2 anymore Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1