Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First post! check out my landstill deck...

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Tink903

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i would like to first of all say that it is nice to see someone posting a semi budget actual deck on here Smile As for the deck i enjoy most of your choices. for example i also like accumulated over brainstorm because late game its far better and you dont run daze and only 3 forces. I would also bump the manland count up. something like 4 factory (if you can) and 3 conclave. Most of the decks ive played against also run crucible maindeck with wasteland but if you cant get the wastelands then keep it in the side. As for the wastes and costals changing to basics, it all depends on how often you run into wasteland. Or if you keep the nonbasics and run into wasteland often the crucibles might be better maindeck. As for your sideboard stifle or trickbind are very good against combo decks that go off turn one such as charbelcher or some other form of storm. And they cancel fetchlands in counter matchups against decks like threshold where canceling their fetch could keep them at one land and win you the game Smile I have played legacy for many years and would like to see how your unique build performs so let me know! good luck!
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty decent. Definetely run more man lands. I'd cut absorb (too much colored mana requirement) for spell snare (budget, and really good in legacy these days, everything good seems to cost 2). You're not going to make a turn 1 play anyway so it will be really good.
I wouldn't run coastal tower if you can help it, but I guess tundra or h.fountain are a bit too expensive.
asamodious

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

needs decree of justice.

cut the outpost. saccing a land to have the outpost die to wasteland or pithing needle = not so good.

other suggestions cant be made unless i know what type of decks your facing.

if your facing a real metagame with real decks (like goblins, combo, thresh, painters savant decks, fish, and the like) then switch out the absorb to the spell snare stated before.

But if youre playing a metagame with random bad decks absorb is probally better.

You can play another conclave

Your sideboard is absolutely horrible...

1 random enlightened tutor with none maindeck is bad.

i would suggest playing 3-4 of each card in your sideboard, and pick cards that will help you beat the decks in your local area. Your sideboard is VERY important. you play the majority of your games with a sideboard, so actually make it worth wild. Think about which decks you'll play againt and have cards that beat it. but im not sure what your metagame is, so i cant really say whats best.

another opition is to play cunning wish main and have a wish board (which can have 1x enlightened tutor and 1-2 enchantments(like teferis moat or something)

getting your 4th force of will and 4th mishras factory would be good.

brainstorm sucks in your deck. the only reason people play it is because the fetchlands can shuffle your bad cards back into your deck and it basically says "draw three cards, get rid of two crappy ones", so pretty much AK is better unless you spend the money on fetchlands (would get them after tundras..but deltas and strands are expensive) you could always play intution to get 3 ak, and then you can draw three then four if you already had one in your hand.

Stifle is a very good card, should be in main or at least some in the sideboard.
mossivo1986

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Der Imaginaire's 4c_wish_still.

Moded by myself

// Lands
4 [ON] Flooded Strand
1 [UNH] Plains
1 [UNH] Island
2 [ON] Polluted Delta
3 [4E] Mishra's Factory
1 [B] Scrubland
1 [B] Savannah
1 [B] Tropical Island
2 [B] Underground Sea
4 [B] Tundra
1 [FUT] Tolaria West
1 [ON] Windswept Heath
1 [MM] Dust Bowl

// Creatures
2 [SC] Eternal Dragon

// Spells
2 [TE] Humility
2 [SC] Decree of Justice
1 [RAV] Life from the Loam
2 [FD] Engineered Explosives
3 [JU] Cunning Wish
4 [B] Swords to Plowshares
4 [AP] Pernicious Deed
4 [IA] Brainstorm
4 [OD] Standstill
4 [AL] Force of Will
4 [B] Counterspell
1 [CHK] Sensei's Divining Top

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [FUT] Slaughter Pact
SB: 3 [PLC] Extirpate
SB: 1 [DS] Pulse of the Fields
SB: 2 [UL] Engineered Plague
SB: 3 [PS] Meddling Mage
SB: 3 [IA] Hydroblast
SB: 1 [6E] Enlightened Tutor
SB: 1 [RAV] Seed Spark
Spyx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to Basics is definetely a winner. Many tier1 decks just flat out lose if you resolve that.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1