Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheapest Easiest to obtain T2 Decks?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Piemur

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Cheapest Easiest to obtain T2 Decks? Reply with quote

Hey all, I am looking to get into Competetive T2 (In real life no less!) and was wondering what the most competetive T2 deck is that is the easiest/cheapest to obtain, but still will be a competetive deck in tournaments?

I will be of course, building harder to get decks and such, but as i was never a standard player i want to know a good place to start that wont break my bank.

If you can suggest anything, please do!
kittykat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mono green elves easiest to built and cheap
CHRONICBL

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say play on magic-league for a month or two wait for the new set to release because its going to change the decks a little bit then find a deck you like and are playing well and buy all the cards on ebay or trade for them.
Atub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDW is also pretty cheap, but not sure how good it will be after rotation. Waiting a few weeks after shards is a good idea.
cheesypirate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want a deck before the roatation, buy swath storm. the most expensive card is lotus bloom
Malakai97
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swath storm is definitely the cheapest at about 50 USD, whereas RDW is at least 4 times that. Anything with Tarmogoyf starts at 200 and goes up.
baz9980

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say mono-coloured is a cheap way to go. Your cost of building multi-coloured goes up when you start talking about the land slots. Also, you'd be surprised at how many options there are. REsearching the decks section of the magic-league site, the starcitygames site and the deckcheck.net site will reveal a host of options of decks that are yet competitive in the right hands. You could build some of these decks for as little as forty bucks, and could make them your own. Some people have already mentioned some options - there's also merfolk, mono-white control and some players have piloted mono-black projects to good finishes in trials, although i don't quite understand how.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baz9980 wrote:
to good finishes in trials, although i don't quite understand how.

Its m-l? Not an actual ptq/pt or the like.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 disintegrate 56 mountain.dec
Alvaro21k

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of the top tier I think RDW would be the way to go, the hard to gets are Demigods and Figures, and both come in a promotional way... No mutas, blossoms, goyf or pools in the deck.
Vedrfolner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply look at how many rares there are in the available decks and choose the one which has the fewest (and least expensive ones). Another thing to remember is that replacing an expensive rare (i.e Demigod) with a cheap card (i.e Eron the Relentless) is making the deck suboptimal. It is better to make a deck almost entirely without rares but which is optimal in its final form, than replacing cards in an optimized deck with less optimal choices.
floreskiller

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest drafting the sets a bunch because you will be able to pick up playable commons and uncommons. If you do well, you might even pick up chase rares. Other than that, I really suggest that you not delve into monocolor except red because they are mostly not competitve or just garbage.
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UG Merfolk is pretty buget and all of the cards will be in post rotation standard. You don't have to play the chase rares at all. I can't tell you the number of times Cryptic Command was in my hand and I did not need it. The other big chase rare Colossus is important but not compeltely needed in the deck. Quiron Dryad is very cheap right now at about $1.5 right now. It's a powerhouse in that deck also.

The mana base is not even that much money. The only real issue with the deck is the lack of main deck removal.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1