Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mws on Mac

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
goat314

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE IT half WORKING!!!

The newest version of Darwine (1.1.6) and go here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34153&package_id=56408&release_id=105355

I don't know which fonts exactly, but download and run them all, excluding wd97vwr32.exe (double click and darwine will run them).

Say yes and it will say the font installed successfully. Open MWS and a solitaire game, you will see card names and creature P/T on the boards.

Unfortunately, there is still no font for life total, and cards in library, hand, etc, and also the mana counters.

It's a step in the right direction.[/i]
zeratul734

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Getting MWS to work on Mac Reply with quote

saxman1215 wrote:
Hi all,
I DLd Darwine and DLd MWS on my Mac but when I went to open mws094f-1.exe I got this error:

"ixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
err:module:attach_process_dlls "gdi32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\Users\\nicholas\\Downloads\\mws094f.exe" failed, status c0000005
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\Users\\nicholas\\Downloads\\mws094f.exe" failed, status c0000005
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls"
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\Users\\nicholas\\Downloads\\mws094f-1.exe" failed, status c0000005"

I'm just using Darwine to try to get MWS running for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same problem. Funny thing is, it worked with my older version of darwine (.9 or so), but no pictures in the online play. I'm going through and individually trying each version until i find one that works.

EDIT: version 1.0 is the last version that works (for me) without getting dll errors, and it still doesn't show much of anything.

You know, i would actually pay for an MWS license if they developed a version that was compatible with OS X.
zeratul734

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azania wrote:
It is great to see people trying to get mws working on Mac OS X. Unfortunately we cannot provide any support at this time since none of the staff members have a mac.

I hope you guys manage to get things running properly. Once you do please post here what you did in order to get it running.

Fair enough.

also:

http://www.nabble.com/gdi32.dll-error-td20257866.html

Apparently there are 2 versions of darwine running around, and you need this one

http://www.kronenberg.org/download.php?download=http://darwine.good-day.net/Darwine-x86-1.1.18.dmg&filename=Darwine-x86-1.1.18.dmg&project=Darwine&sponsorName=Good-Day%20Inc.&sponsorURL=www.good-day.co.jp

hoping that link works

regardless, this build supposedly works better, without getting the dll errors.
totolcc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send a kind e-mail request to the mws creators if the next version can come with a mac version... Till then i think you are in a great path.. Emulating windows in the OS X may work...
Sokrates

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using RichShay's description I finally got it working BUT it runs very slow with a delay of about 2-3 seconds for every move, even writing. I'm sure its not due to my hardware as I'm running it on one of the brand-new MacBooks from this year.
Any ideas?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4