Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Megadeth or Metallica

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
[R]Nchamay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither. Beatles FTMFW
FilomathBret

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These used to be my 2 favorite bands. Now, Metallica is my favorite by a landslide. Yes James' singing is far better. Also, I think Kirk's solos are much better and Metallica's songs are just far better in general. I still like Megadeth quite a bit but they don't have 40+ of my favorite songs of all time like Metallica.
VylePhinder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: I must agree with sixpounder Reply with quote

I have to agree with sixpounder on the megadeth thing. I like both but have to say that mustaine is MUCH better of a guitar player. I don't know if he is as good of a song writer when taking into account catchy and melodical music, but he could outplay james and kirk ANY DAY. Plus he's not so hollywood, which unfortunately got old like twenty years ago. But don't stop California, for god's sake, you got another good thirty years of redundancy left Confused.
nusphigor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this post is really unnecesary
all the people know...
WHILE OTHER BANDS PLAY!!!
NANOWAR GAY!!!
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Megadeth or Metallica Reply with quote

Sixpounder wrote:
I just became a member yesterday so please excuse me if this one has already been done, which I'm sure it has. I would like to keep this forum "Idiot Free" but I know that's not gonna happen so please limit your stupid comments and 1337 speak to only one post. The point is to choose a side and then explain why you like which one better. People need to learn how to explain their choices instead of picking one then give no other reason except that the other one sucks.

I love Megadeth and Metallica both. But I have to go with Megadeth on this one. I just prefer Dave's writing as compared to James'. Dave's solos also show a little more melody than Kirk's. Kirk loves to shred the guitar, and he's good at it, but Dave can shred without making it sound like he just pulled it out of his ass 3 seconds before he played it. Also, although Megadeth has had constant line up changes, Dave has always picked musicians that were better than their predecessors. Lars is just the worst drummer any band could ever dream of having. James is one of the best vocalists in the business, an artform in which Mustaine clearly fails. But I just prefer the writing and solo style of Mustaine.

You really are asking for flamers, aren't you? Things like "one idiot post only" or "please be mature" attract people to attack you on here.

oh and to add something to the topic, I was a major Metallica fan but to truely be honest, their music has gone down hill since St. Anger.
And I never was able to stand Megadeath.
gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flag of homosexuality isnt red. your daddy should have told you that when he was touching you
PhreakBoy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metallica by far.

1. The way I react when hearing a Metallica song just differs from hearing Megadeth. Metallica just has a way of making me wanna listen to more.

2. And I like the way in which they were willing to experiment with something like the S&M performance.

3. They made the effort of coming out to South Africa so I got to see them live (ok, this one is very biassed).

P.S. I don't think St Anger is as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Husapi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dream theater
Husapi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liquid tension experiment then
Husapi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

burzum
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my chemical romance is clearly the best ever to make music. it just makes me want to sit in my room and /wrists all night. so good.
FilomathBret

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guitar in Orion after it slows down and the bass comes on is as good as instrumental music gets. It's a symphony of guitars. Some parts of 3 guitars and a bass. I believe Cliff wrote most of this part. Amazing. RIP Cliff.
gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know your daddy gets you off. i never rly liked megadeath that much and i didnt get into metallica until somewhat recently and am not that big a fan of them but theyre pretty good
Craze

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sixpounder wrote:
and as for my asking for reasonable posts, it really lets everybody know who the faggots on this forum board really are. whenever someone posts something stupid just because i said not to, its like waving a big red flag of homosexuality. By the way, If you haven't heard the new Metallica single, its called The Day That Never Comes. I must say it is pretty good

Umm.. everybody already knows who the flamers are... their usually the guys with the highest post counts(yes I am aware I have the highest post count).
Also magic-league is a pretty homosexual tolerant community, lets keep it that way ok?
And finally I have heard The Day That Never Comes, which is why I said everything since St. Anger has been a disappointment. Cause I thought it sucked.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

Both suck!!!!!!!

Dimmu Borgir, Gorgoroth, Amon Amarth, Kalmah, Wintersun, Summoning are the best metal bands of all time.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5