Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My New MTG Program

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
metroman722

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE IT...except, how do i get more points?
metroman722

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wondering if there is any way i could get involved?
Circa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, It looks really good.

Can you play yet?

If I were you, I'd get on SolidIRC, start a room, and keep it open for discussion and such. You could learn a few things, and even get valuable help from other programmers.
Circa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, to anyone who is interested in chatting with the creator, Bullzzeye, directly; do /join #manapot.
PsyK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'd be keen to help out when i can. I wont have internet for a few days but once it's up and running i will be available to contribute. I have experience coding in java (not an expert or anything) and have some degree of artistic flair. Once i have the internet at home I'll jump on the irc channel and see what's happening.
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work. Some things i want to say though.

Obviously lands are missing till now Wink (or am i just to dumb to find them?)

After loading and reloading i missed my sideboard(dont know if it jut happened to me, although i only had 3 cards in the board)

You realy need to give some more informations about whats going on till deckbuilding(How many Creatures, spells, nonland cards...), you might take a look to mws for that matter.

Another posibility would be, not just to set a filter, but also make it posible to change the order how the card are displayed(converted mana coast, keep colors seperated and anything else useful you could think of) , to make it easier to see what cards you actually got(espacally color wise). You also should try to make it poible to show all multicolor cards that have a certain color(espacally important for hibrid) and also good to get to know what you actually have.

On top of that i always loved the Deep analys part of mws(tools/Deep deck analysis), I know its some extra work, but it shouldnt be a big problem for you i think(even i can make the most parts work). I love things like an analysis how often you draw how many lands 1 drops ... I would also allow there to look out for certain cards or card combinations, also with or(doesnt work in mws, i guess only works if you buy it). I also like the suggestion how your landbase should look like(i am actually not quite sure how they do that exactly). If you could include that, i think it would be realy great.

Thats it for now, just some ideas.
metroman722

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules support? ive read mixed oppinions on it
bladerisen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man good job , this is a rly cool program , ill download every update and support u dude ! Wink
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sideboard just reapeared when i added cards again, i just didnt saw it maybe that helps you.

And dont forget the numbers of the current status of your deck(creatures, spells, lands) its alot easier to build a deck with those numbers(you dont have to count)

edit: I saw i own basic lands, how did that happen? I think you should basic lands out of the cards you own section i mean come on their basic lands, you get them everywhere. I guess you give basic lands in boosters? I wouldnt do that(well there will be 1 in each booster soon), but i think having a ton of different basic lands just makes a deck look weirder(i mean 3 forest35, 6forest32...), i would defenatly cut that part.

KeySam

Last edited by KeySam on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I spent my 500 points on all Morningtide to get Blossom and Mutavaults. Got 2 Vaults and 4 Blossoms. Yay. lol..

This program is sweet though. Bye bye to outdated MWS.
Laplie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: nvm, I read your post explaining points. To me, the program looks kinda basic right now... I know its just an alpha. I'll reserve judgement until there actually is something to judge.
pacwingducky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for a point based system for a long time.

Something similar to having a limit on owned cards so there's some room for secondary market but no one needing to spend actual money. (if it stays f2p in full version form.)

It may be a good idea to allow the purchase of unopened boosters and then having the option to crack multiples or one at a time. personally it feels more genuine the latter and leaves room for multiplayer limited options later. (obviously I understand this is alpha and you most likely have those ideas already.

I look forward to seeing more about this.
Aion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Deck Builder looks great! I both like and dislike the card you own things, it seems fun but I would hate not being able to compete because of lack of cards. (that's why I play here and not irl) I agree with KeySam on displaying how many of each card you have in your deck and stuff so you don't have to count that up on your own.

The fact that all card pictures are on there as default is great too!!

A problem I have though is whenever I click on the program in my icons my command promp screen (i think thats what is it) comes up along with it and if I click out of one the other goes too.

Also, I'm really hoping for drafting software to be on this thing, something I probably look most forward too.

So far so good, I can't believe were actually getting a new program I'm extremely excited and will support you all the way through!
getmatt201

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: didn't work Reply with quote

When I tried to download it it said couldn't find the main class. What does that mean???
KeySam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing i just saw, you also should be able to remove cards from the deck/sideboard simply by doubleclicking on them(thatway you dont always have to rightclick).

Had the sideboard bug again and was able to fix it the same way(the sideboard reapeared when i added another card, i removed it then afterwards).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2