Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tarmogoyf

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Tarmogoyf Reply with quote

Still as popular as he once was? Seems like ive seen less and less of him in T2.
Thorns

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because people are growing tired of him and trying new things. Which isn't a bad thing if you ask me.
Zerotlr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People didn't grow tired, the decks that use tarmo as not as good anymore and there are better cards overall. I think tarmo is now beign accurately evaluated and not overhyped as he was, is just a 4/5 +/- for 2 mana, no abilities, not as good as say, kitchen finks.
Hank333

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't that good in T2. But in T1.x he is still the best creature. Elves is a major problem with goyf. the Elf team is better then Goyf+Other non-elves. When extended rotates back, so will goyf. I sold mine a while ago, and in finacial terms i am happy with the desision because he is going to lose vaule until future sight drops out of T2, then i will buy a playset back.
I'd also like to note that tarmogoyf has been the best single card investment in my MTG days.

i bought 3 for $15 each, 1 for $18. Sold all 4 for $150. I imagine i will get a playset back for under $100 once T2 rotates.
trueeevil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People didn't grow tired, the decks that use tarmo as not as good anymore and there are better cards overall. I think tarmo is now beign accurately evaluated and not overhyped as he was, is just a 4/5 +/- for 2 mana, no abilities, not as good as say, kitchen finks.

Lololol only a 4/5 for 2. Comes out a turn earlier than finks. Uncounterable on the play usually. Decks don't play green anymore though. Goyf is played alot in legacy and vintage, more than in t2.
headclown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even when T2 rotates, the price won't go down. As someone above said, there will be alot of extended decks after rotation that use Goyf. Remember the next constructed PTQ season should be Extended. We will see after PT Berlin.
snoopster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to the original poster: could you please provide a text/picture/video/diagram of what tarmogoyf is? a lot of people have never heard of the card, let alone have any idea what it does. i know nothing other than that it is a red instant.
LordLink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of his problems are that he isn't tribal. Still, he's a 4-of in doran, most elves and makes an appearance in most mana ramp. It's just that blue has come into its natural dominance again.

Doesn't matter if a green creature said 2 mana for a 100/100 shroud people would still play rune snag over it. Poor tarmogoyf's got no hope.

Of course the exception here is in older formats, thats where they run tarmogoyf AND the force of will.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Hank333 wrote:
He isn't that good in T2. But in T1.x he is still the best creature. Elves is a major problem with goyf. the Elf team is better then Goyf+Other non-elves. When extended rotates back, so will goyf. I sold mine a while ago, and in finacial terms i am happy with the desision because he is going to lose vaule until future sight drops out of T2, then i will buy a playset back.
I'd also like to note that tarmogoyf has been the best single card investment in my MTG days.

i bought 3 for $15 each, 1 for $18. Sold all 4 for $150. I imagine i will get a playset back for under $100 once T2 rotates.

.... and if tarmogoyf will be reprinted in the near future?
But hey, nice deal. 4 goyfs for $150 sounds pretty fair to me.
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopster wrote:
to the original poster: could you please provide a text/picture/video/diagram of what tarmogoyf is? a lot of people have never heard of the card, let alone have any idea what it does. i know nothing other than that it is a red instant.

lol noob eveyone knows tarmogoyf is a blue faerie
OITDamion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotsky1 wrote:
snoopster wrote:

lol noob eveyone knows tarmogoyf is a blue faerie

QFT
thedarkness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: .. Reply with quote

Shagrath wrote:
Hank333 wrote:

.... and if tarmogoyf will be reprinted in the near future?
But hey, nice deal. 4 goyfs for $150 sounds pretty fair to me.

The odds that Tarmogoyf gets reprinted at all are fairly slim, but don't expect to see a reprint any time SOON.

Tarmogoyf was a spoiler card for Planeswalkers. He just happened to be really good as well. Wizards quite specifically said that just because a card was futureshifted didn't NECESSARILY mean that it or any of its abilities or texts were ever going to be reprinted.

"Whip the Xs! Pinch the Os!
What we're building, no one knows!"

I wouldn't complain if Goyf saw a reprint, but I'm not holding my breath either.
MattCatt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopster wrote:
Tarmogoyf

Card type: Creature
Creature type: Lhurgoyf
Power/Toughness: */1+*
Casting cost: 1G

Card text: Tarmogoyf's power is equal to the number of card types among cards in all graveyards and its toughness is equal to that number plus 1. (The card types are artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land, planeswalker, sorcery, and tribal.)
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who can not tell snoopster was joking:<
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1